Tag Archives: Venus Pooling
Written on April 4, 2018 at 10:39 AM, by Danielle Thomas
Do you know the importance of having a rescue plan in place? Harness suspension trauma can be life threatening when a worker sustains a fall. Educating workers and having a rescue plan in place can prevent this from happening and save lives. Here are some terms you need to know that related to suspension trauma:
- Fall Arrest System: A series of equipment components designed to stop the fall of individuals working at heights should they fall.
- Orthostatic Hypotension: In suspension trauma, this refers to the pooling of blood in the leg veins of a worker that occurs when individuals fall in harnesses, are suspended in confined spaces, etc. and are forced to hang vertically with their legs relaxed (immobilized).
- Reflow Syndrome: The return of pooled, hypoxic blood and its metabolic byproducts from the extremities to the heart (more about this later).
- Rescue Death: When related to suspension trauma, this type of death occurs in patients who appear physiologically stable during the rescue and extrication but suddenly die after being freed.
- Suspension Trauma: Injuries Sustained from being immobilized in a vertical position when the legs are
Continue Reading »
Written on October 11, 2016 at 9:12 AM, by Danielle Thomas
Miller Relief Step Safety Device Installation
The Miller Relief Step Safety Device alleviates the effects of orthostatic intolerance, also known as suspension trauma. When used, the Relief Step™ Safety Device provides support and enhances blood circulation until rescue – permitting the ability to move and flex leg muscles. The Relief Step™ Safety Device attaches to any brand full-body harness.
- OSHA states that potentially fatal suspension trauma can occur within minutes while waiting for rescue after a fall
- Average fall rescue time is 15 minutes
- Utilizing two (2) Relief Steps (one for each leg/foot) assures greater comfort until rescue is completed
Easy to Deploy and Use
- Pull tab to deploy
- Insert foot into loop step and adjust
- Ability to stand allowing improved circulation
- Two Relief Steps provide added support, balance and comfort
Available for purchase here!